creamer n : a small pitcher for serving cream [syn: cream pitcher]
jug for cream
- German: Sahnekännchen
Creamer can refer to
- non-dairy creamer, a cream substitute to be used with coffee
- creamer, a small pitcher or jug designed for holding cream or milk to be served with tea or coffee in the Western tradition. A creamer is an integral part of a tea set. They can often be created in very fancy shapes, like the shape of a cow (popularized as the "cow creamer" in the short stories of P. G. Wodehouse).
- creamer, in law, is defined by Black's Law Dictionary (1979, fifth edition) as "a foreign merchant, but generally taken for one who has a stall at a fair or market."
- Paula Creamer, American golfer
- creamer, is often used in Ireland as a derogatory term directed towards members of the Irish traveller community. It is derived from cream cracker, rhyming slang for knacker. In some instances, the term is directed at skangers.